Gary was the founder of the first introduced Midnight Society and creator of the famous AYAOTD character Sardo. In "The Tale of the Midnight Ride," he was forced to bring his younger brother Tucker to the meetings from then on. Has a mutual crush on Sam. It is revealed in The Tale of the Dangerous Soup that he is scared of heights. In "The Tale of the Silver Sight" it is revealed that Gary and Tucker's Grandfather Gene founded the original Midnight Society back in 1937 and built the Storyteller's chair and the Campfire pit that has been used throughout the entirety of the series.
Gary's stories tend to be about magical or cursed objects and how misuse of them can have dangerous effects. Gary and Tucker's father owns a magic shop, which is probably where he got the inspiration to many of his stories. His stories also have the recurring character of Sardo, a wannabe magician and owner of Sardo's Magic Mansion.
- The Tale of the Super Specs
- The Tale of the Pinball Wizard
- The Tale of the Magician's Assistant
- The Tale of the Carved Stone
- The Tale of the Crimson Clown
- The Tale of Cutter's Treasure: Part 1 (with Frank)
- The Tale of Cutter's Treasure: Part 2 (with Frank)
- The Tale of the Renegade Virus
- The Tale of the Unfinished Painting
- The Tale of a Door Unlocked
- The Tale of Badge